Needle Felting Small Animals FELTING WORKSHOPS
$45 / Nov 29
Felting is the ancient art of ruining your wool sweaters in the wash. More specifically (and accurately) it is a non-woven process of creating fabric. Traditional Felt is made from wool that has been stressed out and rubbed the right way in order to interlock the fibers together in a way that can not be undone (think back to that shrunken favorite sweater) unlike woven processes.
Aside from learning a little history about the process and the difference between wet and dry felting, our Master Artists will teach you how to use special needles to dry felt sculptural animals, learning to transform a 2d design into a 3d form. The felting process requires no advance knowledge of the craft, is remarkably easy to pick up and even easier to adapt to many forms and designs. The only limit is your imagination (and we can help with that, too:).
Felting is another process that requires very little specialized tools aside from the wool fiber itself and can be done just about anywhere.
You’ll walk away from this workshop with:
– knowledge of felting processes
– list of required materials
– understanding of how to transform your 2d design into a 3d felt form
– multiple ways to build up sculptural felt forms
– small “Felt Kit” including felting needles, foam cushion, bundle of wool
– instructions & experience for simply dyeing wool with Kool-aid (of all things!)